Here are some more stats for March. I'm keeping the numbers and figures secret for now, but I can share percentages. Everyone loves percentages!
So, as at 1 April 2012, here's some stats for you. Get ready to continue to be statted to the max!!!
- 44% of people I meet are women
- Therefore 56% of people I meet are men (down from last month)
- 9% of musicians I have found are carrying brass instruments
- 15% of musicians I have found are carrying woodwind instruments
- 76% of musicians I have found are carrying string instruments
- 0% of musicians I have found are carrying percussion instruments (although I did see an accordian...)
- 26% of musicians I meet express no interest in joining an orchestra for the challenge (the "no"s)
- 53% of musicians I meet express possible interested (the "maybe"s)
- 21% of musicians I meet express a positive interest in joining an orchestra (the "yes"s)
- Therefore, I would say that I have a 74% chance of meeting an interested musician. Of this group, 68% give me their details (with the other 32% of interested people just taking the website).
- Also, of these musicians potentially interested, one third respond back to me. This success rate is staying the same.
- Only 1 person who has not given details but taken the website info has got in touch. This is an improvement on 0 persons....
- Of the musicians that actually respond back, 87.5% of them are happy to be placed on a roster and get involved with the project.
So...based on this information, you could say I have an....wait a minute....a...
- 1.9% chance of finding a brass player
- 3.2% chance of finding a woodwind player
- 16.4% chance of finding a string player
So...to make a full symphony orchestra..I will have to meet....1,527 musicians!!
This, again is good news. Last month I'd need to meet 1,950 musicians but as the success rate increases, and as people get back to me, I now need to meet less musicians. Good news, eh? Only 1,527 musicians.....