I'm keeping the numbers and figures secret for now, but I can share percentages. Everyone loves percentages.
So, as at 1 February 2012, here's some stats for you. Get ready to be statted to the max!!!
- 38% of people I meet are women
- Unsurprisingly, 62% of people I meet are men
- I cannot be 100% certain the above statements are true, but I am going with my general views on gender. I normally get it right.
- 15% of musicians I have found are carrying brass instruments
- 15% of musicians I have found are carrying woodwind instruments
- 70% of musicians I have found are carrying string instruments
- 0% of musicians I have found are carrying percussion instruments
- 35% of musicians I meet express no interest in joining an orchestra for the challenge (the "no"s)
- 50% of musicians I meet express possible interested (the "maybe"s)
- 15% of musicians I meet express a positive interest in joining an orchestra (the "yes"s)
- However, although you could say 65% of musicians express some interest, only half (well, 55%) give me their details. The rest take the website.
- Also, of this 65% of musicians interested, only one third (yes, 33%) respond back to me.
- Of the musicians that respond back, 50% are happy to be placed on a roster for further details.
So...you could say I have an....wait a minute....a...
- 1.6% chance of finding a woodwind player
- 1.6% chance of finding a brass player
- 7.5% chance of finding a string player
So...to make a full symphony orchestra..I will have to meet....2,620 musicians!!
And that's assuming I have no chance of getting my timpani!! :)