Wednesday 1 February 2012

Statistics

I thought some of you would want to know some stats about what I'm doing.

I'm keeping the numbers and figures secret for now, but I can share percentages. Everyone loves percentages.

So, as at 1 February 2012, here's some stats for you. Get ready to be statted to the max!!!
  • 38% of people I meet are women
  • Unsurprisingly, 62% of people I meet are men
  • I cannot be 100% certain the above statements are true, but I am going with my general views on gender. I normally get it right.
  • 15% of musicians I have found are carrying brass instruments
  • 15% of musicians I have found are carrying woodwind instruments
  • 70% of musicians I have found are carrying string instruments
  • 0% of musicians I have found are carrying percussion instruments
  • 35% of musicians I meet express no interest in joining an orchestra for the challenge (the "no"s)
  • 50% of musicians I meet express possible interested (the "maybe"s)
  • 15% of musicians I meet express a positive interest in joining an orchestra (the "yes"s)
  • However, although you could say 65% of musicians express some interest, only half (well, 55%) give me their details. The rest take the website.
  • Also, of this 65% of musicians interested, only one third (yes, 33%) respond back to me.
  • Of the musicians that respond back, 50% are happy to be placed on a roster for further details.

So...you could say I have an....wait a minute....a...

  • 1.6% chance of finding a woodwind player
  • 1.6% chance of finding a brass player
  • 7.5% chance of finding a string player

So...to make a full symphony orchestra..I will have to meet....2,620 musicians!!

And that's assuming I have no chance of getting my timpani!! :)

Oh.......

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I realise now that 38 and 42 don't add up correctly. Haha. The irony of point three. Amended now.

    ReplyDelete