Wednesday 1 February 2012

My letter to the mayor of London

Below is the e-mail I sent to Boris Johnson, mayor of London. For footage of the football tackle I reference in the letter, watch it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOivzoRc0I8. It's amazing!

Dear Boris,

Forgive me emailing you out of the blue but I wondered if I might lay bare my challenge to you to inform you of something I am doing which I also believe promotes the great city of London.

My name is Shaun Buswell and I perform musical challenges for charity. The latest is something called The 12.12.12 Underground Orchestra Challenge, in aid of Music4Life, a project ran by the charity Kick4Life (http://www.kick4life.org/).

I aim to form an entire orchestra made up of strangers I’ve met for the first time on the London Underground. I have to approach anyone on the tube who carries an instrument and try to form an orchestra which must
then perform at one of the top twelve London venues on the 12th December 2012. We are also aiming to screen a premiere of the documentary being made to accompany the challenge.

More information can be found at http://www.121212.org.uk/

The reason for contacting you? Well, as with many things in life, you can rush into things with a lot of passion and good-heartedness, but not think out all the consequences (your amazing tackle against Maurizio Gaudino springs to mind here!). I have started this challenge on 1st January 2012, and really want to promote this as an example of how close and connected we all are in London. But I now realise this may affect the brand of TLF, which could seriously affect the challenge and the charity.

I am keen to highlight the transport in a very positive way and think this is something that can really assist post-Olympics in boosting people's moral. Numerous PR companies, The London Symphony Orchestra, The Strad magazine and many others have already plugged and supported this as an insprirational tale of one man battling odds to show the beauty of London. I really only want to consider continuing with this if that same beauty can be seen by the mayor and TFL.

Any endorsement or assistance you or your team could provide would be greatfully appreciated.

Kind regards

Shaun Buswell

No comments:

Post a Comment